Saturday, 30 November, Tati, Bethany, and I headed to Sendai with one of Tati's Japanese friends to go see the soccer game between the Sendai Vegalta and I don't remember the other team's name.
We arrived in Sendai a bit early, and looked around the mall a bit before heading over to the stadium. For the tickets we had, there was no assigned seating and we ended up spending the entire game standing on the stairs in the fan zone. It was a lot of fun because we got to really join in with the cheers, but it felt awkward not to have actual seats.
Apparently people come early to save seats, and often times they save more than they actually have tickets for. I don't know why, it is insane. Matt, another new ALT, met up with us at the game.
After the game, we sadly lost, we headed over to a thanksgiving party being held by people none of us knew, but the Japanese lady did. We ended up staying there until twelve-thirty, despite the awkwardness. We did get to meet a couple really nice people though.
No comments:
Post a Comment