24 December 2013

School Plays....

Miyato Elementary School held their school plays on 28 September, and I was fortunate enough to be able to go.  


It started out with some taiko (Japanese drums) and moved into a play put on by the third and fourth years, an imitation of a game show which was pretty funny.  Miyato is my smallest school.  This year we have twenty-three students, which I may have mentioned in a previous post, but as it has been a while I am reiterating.  After a speech by koucho-sensei (the principal) and the head of the PTA, the first and second years presented their play--an adaption of Doraemon, a popular anime character in Japan.  It was really cute.  Last, the fifth and sixth graders presented a play about a boy from the city who moved to a rural area in the time of war.  I believe it is based on a true story.  I had been able to see them practice earlier in the week, but it is still a sad and touching story.  




 
I enjoyed the plays and am very glad that I was able to go see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment