28 December 2013

Picnic....

Tati and I went on a picnic with other employees of Nagi's English Club on Sunday, 10 November.  It was a lot of fun.  In the morning, I met up with everyone from Ishinomaki at the Yamoto school and we drove to Sendai to meet up with Nagi and her sons.

The site itself was in Yamagata, not really sure where.  I know it took over two hours to get there.  Our entrance fee included time in the park nearby, and since we could not check into the cabin (Nagi, Tati and a couple others were staying overnight) until three, we went to the park for a while.


It had a garden, which I am sure is beautiful when in bloom.  It was raining, which I thought made a nice stroll through the park.  Everyone else just thought I was insane because I didn't want an umbrella.... it wasn't raining that hard.  First we went and looked at the old-style fishing homes, then got some lunch before heading over to the kid's area.

After playing around for a bit on the outside activities, we headed into the ball pit.  It is only suppose to be for children, and while the other family was in the room, we just let the boys play around in the large pit.  Once the other family left, however, all bets were off.  We buried each other and chased Nagi's sons around the pit (or, in my case, got chased by them). We all just enjoyed the laughing and fun of it all.

Once back outside, we played around for a bit more and then headed to our cabin to start making dinner.  We grilled lots of things on the barbeque.  All very delicious, but soooo much food.  



Since we were the only people crazy enough to be renting a cabin in November, we had the onsen completely to ourselves.  Tati and I went over and enjoyed a nice dip in the hotsprings before I had to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment