Saturday, after no luck in finding my wallet, Brittney and I went out to dinner at a local Family Restaurant.... it is similar to the Cocos I went to a few weeks back, as well as the Family Restaurant that I went to with Beth-san.
We sat at our table for something like two or three hours just talking. They have an All-You-Can-Drink-Bar (non-alcoholic) for four hundred yen, so we just continued to get melon soda, water, and hot chocolate for a while. Afterwards, we went to Brittney's place and watched some YouTube videos and some Firefly =)
Sunday morning we met up and went to the police station before catching the train into Ishinomaki. I got off first, heading to Tsutaya to return my movies, and Brittney went to the next stop for church. We met back on the train at one-twenty and rode back to Yamoto. I made dinner at my place, a Minced Pork Soboro Bowl. It was delicious, if I do say so myself! For dessert we had a banana wrapped in cake with whipped cream. So yummy =D
We had an early dinner because I was riding the train back into Ishinomaki at four thirty-three to meet up with Naomi-san to go to an Opera Concert. Basically, it was just excerpts from different opera songs sung beautifully by six different people. Just before the intermission, one male and one female got up on stage and taught the audience a song, then had everyone sing along in a duet-type way. It was really neat, beautiful, and fun. It was also in Japanese. I had a grasp of some of the words, though not their meaning, so I could sing along too =)
Most of the songs were in Italian, but there were a couple in Japanese. Overall, the atmosphere was really peaceful and the music was very calming. At the end, all of the singers sung a song together, then came out again for an encore. I am a little sad that it only lasted one hour; it was a lot of fun though. All of the performers were amazing.


No comments:
Post a Comment