10 May 2012

A Day in the Life....

So I am not sure what else to post, because this week has been pretty simple and without much going on.  I have been really tired though, up until today.  I thought I would post a quick rundown of what my daily schedule is like.  Well, at least on most days =)

--

The sunlight begins to filter in through the curtains around four-thirty, and despite my eye mask, I begin to wake up.  My alarm goes off at five-thirty and I read the messages I have received throughout the night, usually from Dad.  I try to get more sleep, though I know I should get up and use the time wisely.  Around six-fifteen I reply to my messages and begin to get out of bed.  If it is a Monday, however, my alarm goes off at four-fifty and I am out of bed by five to bring up my computer and skype so I can talk to Bambie and Josh.  Every once in a while Keira has not gone down for her nap and so I am able to talk to her too.

I turn on the television so I can have the Japanese in the background, and I eat breakfast and then get ready for work.  Depending on the day, I leave at different times.  On Mondays I generally leave around seven-fifteen because my Monday school is the furthest from me, so I give myself the extra time.  Tuesdays I leave at seven because I walk, and it takes me about forty minutes to get to school.  Wednesday through Friday I leave around seven-thirty.  I generally arrive at all of my schools at seven forty-five.... I do not actually need to be at any of them until eight-thirty ~.^ though I am expected to be there by eight-fifteen.

My schedule has me working from eight-thirty until three or three-fifteen everyday.  At my Monday, Friday, and Junior High school I generally only teach two classes, though there will be times where I will teach three or four at my Monday and Friday schools.  At my Tuesday school I teach four.  At all of my elementary schools I eat lunch with the students as well, though each day is with a different class, which is a lot of fun.  At my Junior High School, I eat in the teacher's room with the teachers who do not have a homeroom class as well as the principal, vice-principal, assistant, and secretary.

I generally leave school closer to four, though there are times (like today) where I will stay at my Junior High until five or five-thirty to watch the club activities.  Not long after I get home, Nikki generally calls and we talk about our days.  We are usually on the phone for at least half an hour.  I make dinner around five-thirty, will go shopping for food or go for a walk, study Japanese, prepare for school the next day, do dishes and read in the evening.  Every night before bed I write in my journal.  Most of the time when I am home, I have the television on, or a movie playing, so I can continue to be exposed to Japanese outside of school.

That is kind of the routine that I have fallen into in the last few weeks.  Yesterday was my thirty day mark for work, so I know that there has not been much time to fall into a set pattern, especially since last week I only worked two days. 

--

I hope all is well with everyone =)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are getting into a good pattern and adjusting quite nicely! I love you sister-dear! I look forward to our chats Sundays! :-)

    ReplyDelete