How is everyone? (Genki desu ka?)
On Saturday, 27 October, I woke up early--but unfortunately not early enough--and headed over to my Monday school for their school festival. It started at ten and I arrived about five minutes late. I felt horrible, but no one seemed to mind. They were just happy that I had come.
This is my smallest school, and I have missed its sports festival and play due to other commitments at the time. I was determined not to miss their festival.
I entered the gym to find an old man at the front telling a story to about half the kids and a bunch of eager parents. The sensei and other students were in the back of the gym playing games. I approached Rika-sensei (the fifth grade teacher) at the bean ball area and they asked me if I could juggle. I can't. I tried any way though, and we all had some good laughs. The other games available were tops, puzzles, yo-yo, and kendama. I ended up spending a lot of time with Yumi-sensei and a couple students trying to do kendama. It was a lot of fun.
Around ten-thirty, everyone was called to the chairs and the students gave a small presentation. They welcomed everyone and thanked them for coming before introducing the different activities. Second grade offered a rubber band shooting game. Third grade had fishing. Fourth and Fifth grade joined together for whack-a-mole, and sixth grade put on a magic show. They all had hand-made prizes to win. The three first grade students were allowed just to walk around and enjoy the festival.
Half of the students worked the different booths while the other half enjoyed the festival. At eleven-thirty, they switched roles. It was a lot of fun, and really nice to see the students and sensei outside of normal class. I am really glad that I went =)
This is the entire school. Twenty-eight students total.








No comments:
Post a Comment