30 November 2012

Pre-Kanagawa Trip....

I really wish my storage was not full because there are a lot of pictures I would love to share with you all.  Oh well, when I get the whole thing figured out, I will just have to update these posts with the pictures and videos I wish to show.

Moving on:

Last week was only a three day work week, which made for a nice three-day weekend.  Thursday was mainly spent running around with Tati trying to get the food items we wanted for our Sunday night Thanksgiving dinner.  

I found out that I had gotten a little bit more money than anticipated, so I used the extra to buy myself a kotatsu.  Since I cannot post a picture, I will give you a link to follow so you will at least know what I am talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu

It is awesome! I have been wanting one since first arriving in Japan, but did not really need one during the summer.  It is so nice to curl up underneath it on a cold day--and it isn't even really that cold yet! It has been in the thirties and forties for the past few weeks.... that is Fahrenheit--in Celsius it has been in the single digits and teens.  It will not get above ten degrees here this week.  

Any way, enough about the weather.  I dropped Tati off at work, and then went home to set up my kotatsu and get ready for the weekend.  When Tati got off of work, I picked her up and from there we rushed back to my apartment.  We parked my car then ran for the train station to board the bus to Matsushima, then caught a train to Sendai.  Luckily, the train from Matsushima to Sendai arrived a lot sooner than we thought it would, and we were able to take our time getting over to the bus headed for Tokyo.

Our seats were called "beaute ladies" and apparently if we had laid them back, they would have been a lot more comfortable than what we experienced.  Will have to try them again sometime, but I think at this point we are both pretty over the whole night bus thing.  Too bad it is so cheap =(  It will probably continue to be my method of travel while in Japan.    

2 comments:

  1. Oh, did you get a kotatsu? It's nice! You can use it in summer like I do.

    Tatiana came to Tokyo with you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a flickr account. If you don't want to sign up for one, log in under our B&N username and password on the google section of the sign-in page. ^-^

    ReplyDelete