04 November 2012

Haircut and a Facial....

After my school festival, I met Tati so we could go get our haircut.  One of her co-workers has a brother who is a stylist, and a mother who does facials.  So, we went to their place.  It was amazing!

While I got my haircut, Tati got a facial, and vice-versa.  It ended up being a lot of fun because we just chatted with Rie-san (Tati's co-worker) and her family the whole time.  Most of it was Japanese, which left me feeling lost at times, but Rie-san's brother tried to talk to me in English.  The amazing thing was that he had not taken any English since junior high (fifteen years ago), and could still remember a lot of it.  I had more of a conversation with him than I am able to have with a majority of my current junior high school students.

Immediately after the haircuts and facials, we rushed back to Tati's house to get ready for Beth and Miyuki's Halloween/Birthday party at the United States of Karaoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment