24 July 2012

23 July 2012....

I am not a big fan of my birthday.  Other peoples?  Yeah, I will go all out for my friends and family, especially if I have the means to.  My birthday? I usually don't even tell people when it is.

Brittany felt (ha, that is funny... Felt is her last name) that my birthday should be celebrated, so last night after she got off of work we had a small party at her place.  She made us nachos and bought me a cake.  The whole nine yards, despite all of my protests that none of it was necessary.  She did not believe me.

I think the most touching thing was that it seemed to be important to her even though she was sick.  She was determined to celebrate my birthday with me.  I appreciated it.






 

1 comment:

  1. What is the lantern for? Do you know that? It is for Obon(a Buddhist festival in honor of the spirits fo the dead, who return once a year to visit their families). For American, is it beautiful?

    You didn't tell her your birthday? Then how did she know that? You didn't tell me, but I remember your birthday. I like to remember my friends' birthdays. Sometimes I forget to send them cards or messages, but I remember them. I didn't forget your birthday, but I forgot to send you a message. So when you come back here, let's have a party!!! I can't prepare yummy food, but I can take you a nice restaurant. You can try some new food!!

    See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete