Today was the second day of training, and though I feel much better today than I did last night, it is still a tiring process. I feel like my flashcards are all wrong and that I need to print out new ones. Actually, that is the reality. Everything we did to try to prepare for this seems like it has to be redone.
That is the fun thing about trying to prepare for a brand new experience: it is never what you expect it to be. Some things are frustrating, yes, but it is all a learning experience.
Of course, this is coming from the girl who bounced up the stairs on the way to an optional meeting (we have been in training from about eight-thirty until about six or six-thirty, with optional training courses until nine or nine-thirty) and still raised her hand a lot to ask questions and give answers or volunteer.... A new acquaintance asked "what's wrong with you?"
I want to learn as much as I can, and take every opportunity I can to learn something new. At the same time, even I am feeling more than a little bit fried after these last couple of days, and there is still two more (well, really one because Friday is all presentations) to go through.
After the main training, and when we were suppose to go down and get our food, several people were asked to go upstairs to take pictures. My name was called =P Apparently it is for some new promotional materials. Just as my turn came (I was the third person), they asked who was from California and had the three of us take a few group shots. They told the two males that they were done but asked me to stay for individual photos. Afterwards, I rushed down to the bottom floor to meet up with Nikki and my branch manager saw me. He asked if I had gotten dinner yet, and when I told him "no," he handed me food and told me that he could not have me going hungry.
After that, Nikki and I rushed back up the stairs to the first optional training.
Saturday I will be traveling up to my branch office, but will not be arriving in my actual town until Sunday (when I will have my apartment -- YAY).
I hope all is well with everyone. I will try to write again before I leave for my area, but after that I am not sure how long it will be before I get internet.
I should have seen your flashcards before you went to the seminar. Sorry. Tell me what I can do for you now.
ReplyDelete