At the moment I be hanging out in my hotel room, so I thought I would write a quick note.
Yesterday most of our branch went to their respective areas. I am the only new ALT going to Higashimatsushima and I am unsure if there are any seasoned ALTs there currently. My roommate from the training is also in my branch, and she is one of the three who has not left Sendai yet.
After we finally got up and moving yesterday, Wesley (my roommate) and I went for a walk around Sendai. We ended up finding a Buddhist temple and then a sports complex. The bathrooms outside the baseball diamond provided a clear view into the urinals--poor guys!! We decided to hunt for some food we could take back to the hotel when we discovered a little grocery store. I thought it was interesting to see "Great Value" packages, but did not think anything of it until we got to the cashier to see Wal-Mart signs. Of all the places we managed to find, lol. The cashier asked us if we wanted a bag, and we both said no because we could see other people placing their items in bags at the small counters provided to bag your own products. It was not until we started to bag our purchases that we discovered that the bags at the counter were the small bags used for produce.
After that, we headed back to the hotel to see if Ashley, the third member of our little stay-behind group, had been able to check into her hotel room yet (she spent the night at a different hotel the night before). While she got settled, we headed down to the little one hundred yen shop to see what was there. When we returned, we met up with Ashley and all went out for food, then wandered around the electronics store. We talked about some anime that we like, and somehow we got onto Ouran High School Host Club, which we have all seen and love, and I told them about the movie. Once finished at the electronics store, we tried to look for a nearby theatre, but the one we found is only showing American films (bleh). Next to the movie theatre was an arcade-slash-casino. After wandering around and being stared at (Ashley was collecting a lot of looks from the men sitting around the horse race), we played a game involving drums.
This morning we all met downstairs around nine. We looked up the theatres playing Ouran, and I went to try and find it but without any luck =( When I returned, the three of us headed out and went browsing around a large department store. Eventually we found our way to a bookstore that sold DVDs and looked for some anime. All three of us bought at least one children's book so we can start practicing reading.
For dinner we had various items that we had bought from the one hundred yen store and watched some anime. Tomorrow we are hoping to catch a bus that will take us around in a loop to all the big attraction sites, so I should have more pictures soon =D
I hope all is well with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment