Which is weird, because I have actually seen a lot more than normal (especially since I am not working at a movie theatre).
WAR HORSE
Grandma, Grandpa and I went to see this yesterday. It was a good movie, well worth watching but it is not something I would want to see again. Horses carrying machines guns just does not influence a repetitious desire, lol. In all seriousness though, the pace seemed erratic--slow at times and fast in others--and the story line left a few loose ends. WE BOUGHT A ZOO
Grandma, Grandpa and I went to see this Monday morning before I went to work. The film had good pacing, and a nice story line. All around, a feel-good movie, even if it does have a strange title. Matt Damon actually does a good job in playing a distraught widower and father, and the little girl who plays his daughter is both charming and cute. The previews that were advertised before the movie left something to be desired.
SHERLOCK HOLMES
Nikki and I went to see this the Sunday after it came out. I would say it is right on parr with the first movie. Very funny and cunning. Though Robert Downey Jr. does not look the part, he plays the character very well, and the same can be said for Jude Law. The preview for the new G.I. Joe movie makes me want to go see it (The Rock and Bruce Willis--so awesome), and the new Batman (I did not watch the preview, but am very excited) as well as Battleship are exciting. On that note, I am excited and skeptical for the Hunger Games. I have not seen any previews for it yet, and it will be in theatres after I move to Japan.
THREE MUSKETEERS
Nikki and I had differing opinions on this one, I think. She likes the old Disney version better, but I enjoyed this one. Milla Jovovich does well, though it seemed to me that her expression did not change very much throughout the film. The movie was worth seeing =)
I watched this last night on television. It brought up some interesting things, like how to tell if someone is really into you or not.
And I have to cut this short because work just called me in early. Adieu!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment