06 December 2011

Ten Years....

Today at Costco I assisted cashiers all day long.  I like assisting, especially since for the most part I am confident in it--there are still those moments when I make the little mistakes though but no one's perfect ^^

So while assisting one of the supervisors, I looked up to see a man and woman waiting in line, our next members.  Now, that is nothing new, but what caught me off guard was that I thought I recognized the man.  I said a quick greeting and asked the couple if they wanted a box, and they both said no.  As I placed their items in the cart, I heard him say "you look really familiar" so I turned and admitted that I had thought the same thing about him.  That is when I placed him: "Beyer High?" "Yeah."

Literally, we had seven years of school together (I cannot remember if he went to Sherwood Elementary or not, Laura or Mary might know).  I'd put his name in here, but I cannot remember how to spell it and do not want to butcher it.  Any way, it was a quick minute of catch up before the supervisor finished up the transaction and they left.  Still, really strange.  It sent me down memory lane a little bit.

Which brings me to the thoughts behind this blog.  This June marks ten years since I graduated from High School.  I cannot believe that it has been so long.  We will have our reunion this coming Spring, but I will not be in attendance (heehee, Japan ^^).

For the most part, I do not miss High School--and at the time I could not wait until I graduated and could get as far away as possible.  There are the exceptions, like missing the lunch group, and especially Mary, Laura, and I sitting around at lunch either writing stories or critiquing each others work.  I miss Kim, the only person I really have not been in any type of contact with since we graduated (which is funny because I thought she would be the one person I would never lose touch with).

Ten years.... it is just hard to believe.  Where does the time go?  

3 comments:

  1. I went to Standiford! Hehehe, if you e-mail me the somewhat name I can see if I can remember him. I see lots of people from high school (one from elementary) at Denny's

    I miss our lunch group too.

    There's a reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing there might be. I do not know if anything is officially planned or not, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible at names, but cannot pass up a mystery. So if Laura hasn't solved it, I'll take a crack at it via email.

    I also have been missing our lunch and writing circle recently a lot. Miss writing regularly.

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete