"....It's the most wonderful time of the year...."
My favorite part of Christmas has always been the lights. Lights on houses, on businesses, but most of all the lights on a Christmas tree. I can remember so many years when I would stay up waiting for everyone else to fall asleep so I could sneak out into the living room and when I would wake up on Christmas Day before everyone else and just sit out by the tree. Things were peaceful in those moments.
Some people say that I have a positive outlook on the world. Those who "know" me a bit better might say that I have a negative perspective. The truth is, I can see both points of view; it is really all about the mask I choose to show. Holidays have never been my favorite, mainly because for so many years the magic, surprise, and happiness of them had been shattered by bickering, by fighting, by competition.
I digress, however. In this "most wonderful time," there are people who are being laid off or fired from their jobs; companies are downsizing during the most expensive time of the year. There are not as many lights up on houses any more. Seems sad, the toll the economy takes on our lives, our traditions.
This year, since I cannot afford to buy presents I have been making them--well, at least cards. I do not know what to make for everyone and time be running out. Right now I should be working on them, but the inspiration of a blog hit and so I am writing here, lol.
I went into work yesterday (I was able to get eight hours on a day that I was suppose to have off ^^ Yay) and discovered that they switched some of my hours around for next week--I still have the same amount, and it be a full week, but instead of having Monday off, I now have Sunday off. This is a little bit of a bummer because I had planned to spend Monday working on getting all the Christmas stuff done and sent out (I do not want to wait another week, because next week is Christmas week). I will just need to spend any free time wisely ^^
This Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday before work I will be volunteering =)
Have a wonderful week everyone =D
No comments:
Post a Comment