01 January 2012

Another Week....

So yesterday had a moment of paranoia.  One of the full-time employees asked me to switch shifts with her next week, and when I asked her if it was all set, she grimaced and told me they are letting go of some seasonal employees and though the manager felt sure that I was not one of them, he had to make sure before signing off on the request.

This, of course, freaked me out a little because I knew that by yesterday afternoon I would find out if today would be my last day or if I had the potential to have employment until they finish with inventory (which I think is sometime in January, but I am not quite sure).

There are pros and cons to both.  Today being my last day would give me a chance to look for another job and not feel so much guilt over the little bit of time that is left (the longer I have the job at Costco, the shorter any potential other employment becomes).  At the same time, it would also mean that I would not have a job and would have to hope that I could find another one quickly.  I also very much like working at Costco and do not want to leave until it is time for me to go to Japan.

So, right before I got my lunch break, the lady I am switching shifts with walked past me and said "Emily, you're staying!  He is signing the requests."  I felt a huge sigh of relief and then happiness tumble through me.  I still have my job for the time being =)  I am still not sure when my last day will be, but I know that I am doing a great job.

Still not sure what my plans for March are.  I am waiting for more information from Interac.

I hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. A Happy New Year!
    I'm waiting for you to come to Japan!
    I'm so excited to see you again!

    ReplyDelete