As far as I understand it, today is my last day at Costco. It is an eight hour shift (wohoo) that provides them with employees since most of their staff will be doing inventory tonight. Between last week and this week, business has slowed considerably. It has been kind of crazy to see.
There is a possibility that I may get a call in the coming weeks offering me a permanent position (still part-time). I have heard different things about the potential length of time that passes before they call four or five of their best seasonal employees back for a permanent place. Some people say it is two weeks, others say that February is extremely slow and everyone's (except full-time employees, they are guaranteed forty hours) hours get cut down as low as possible. So, depending on when they call will depend on if I accept the position for the few weeks I have left, especially if it does not interfere with my being able to see Granny and Bambie, Josh, Shin, Keira, Jeremy, and Heather (maybe I should just start calling them "the Utah Gang").
Yesterday I had my ninety day evaluation =) Everything was positive, and it felt really good. I told the manager who conducted my evaluation about my upcoming move to Japan and asked for his advice on whether or not I should accept a position with Costco if they call before I move. He told me to accept it and then to work there as long as I could. It was funny because he started asking if I already had a job lined up in Japan. I think he was prepared to talk to me about getting on at the Costco over there.
Despite the short hours, yesterday was a really good day. I am going to miss working there, but I am definitely ready for the next step and the time I will have to prepare for it. So many new and wonderful changes are coming, and I cannot envision them at all. It increases the surreal feeling, but also the excitement.
I need to go get ready for work now. I hope all is well with everyone. Starting next week, I hope there will be some more Japanese filling these posts (followed by the translation, of course).
Adieu!
No comments:
Post a Comment