15 August 2012

Lightening Storm....

Last night, just before eleven, we had a thunder and lightening storm.  It had been raining pretty hard before that point, but the rain turned into a sprinkle as the sky lit up and thunder could be heard.

I ran outside so that I could get a better view of the lightening; the view from my window being blocked by the taller buildings around.  It was absolutely amazing.  I think I stayed out there for an hour, watching the storm pass us by.  Lightening streaked through the clouds over my head, and at one point the thunder became loud enough for me to almost feel it (if I had felt it, I probably would have taken it as a sign that I shouldn't be outside).

Once the rain stopped, I took out my phone to get some pictures, and ended up with the video below.  There is not much in regards to views of lightening bolts (how cool would that have been?), but I love the way the sky lights up.  Something about the scene just made me feel serene last night; at peace.

Er... it seems that blogger is having some technical problems so I will try to post the video again later.  Sorry....

No comments:

Post a Comment