On Wednesday, 1 August, Ishinomaki held a festival. Unfortunately, I ended up being slow-moving that morning and did not catch the train in time to meet Brittany and Tatiana in Ishinomaki for the parade.
I did, however, meet Kyoko-san later that evening to watch the fireworks. We walked through the festival and she bought us some sausage on bone for dinner, as well as some watermelon. The place we found to sit ended up being front-row seats--we were so close!
The fireworks were spectacular! I cannot remember the last time that I really said that about fireworks. I always enjoy the ones at Tahoe, but mainly because I have family around to enjoy them with.
Fireworks in Japan last anywhere from an hour to two hours (or so I am told). The ones in Ishinomaki took place at the river in the disaster area, and lasted for an hour. Mind you, it is not a continuous hour. They have short breaks in between. There was not much wind, so there ended up being a lot of smoke in the air, and some of the fireworks became hard to see. With the moon directly behind them though, it was amazing. I loved every minute of it.






No comments:
Post a Comment