21 August 2012

Conveyor Belt Sushi....

Thursday I started walking toward the train station (with a slight detour to the bank) with the intention of getting on the train to Ishinomaki, then jumping onto another train and just riding it West, maybe North, with no particular destination in mind... just away.  

I did not make it very far, however, because I received a call from Tatiana.  She and Brittany wanted to know if I wanted to go with them to the post office, then shopping and to get some sushi.  I said I would, and headed back home to get some things ready.

Unfortunately, we did not make it to the post office in time.  We went to a cheapy clothing store, where Tatiana and Brittany tried on crazy shoes--none of which made them as tall (let alone taller) than me, though Bri-chan did get pretty close with one pair.  We had fun just browsing and looking at all the funny English written on the shirts.


After we finished at the store, we headed to conveyor belt sushi.  It is still really good quality--better than any I have had in the States--despite being only 105 yen per plate.  I love that fish/seafood is so much cheaper here.  We ordered a lot, but not nearly as much as the family of four at the table next to us.  They had probably twice as many plates as we did and were still ordering when we left.
 The little shinkazen that brings out the plates of food ^.^
 My first three plates ^.^
 Hamburger and cheese sushi.... it was not very good
 Sweet egg; Brittany insisted that I eat one -.-;;
 Octopus nigri-- yummy but very chewy ^.^
 Ack--wasabi... ewwww O.o
 Second attempt at the octupus, wasabi removed ^.^

 YUMMY!!! ^.^
 Minced Fatty Tuna ^.^
 My plates ^.^
 Brittany's  ^.^
 Tatiana's ^.^

Sufficiently full and happy, we headed to AEON to do a little bit of shopping over there.  I told Brittany that for her birthday she could pick out one outfit for her party on Sunday, so the mission became to find me something they thought I would look cute and girly in.... We did not leave until the mall was getting ready to close.

I dropped them off at home because they had to get ready for the next morning, and I came back to my apartment and also got ready for bed, hoping to get up early enough to make the most of the adventure I hoped to have.  Not having work has turned me into somewhat of an insomniac, though, and I have been having a lot of trouble getting to sleep before three in the morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment