03 June 2012

Spa Day....

Yesterday Brittney and I went over to AEON mall in Ishinomaki to do some shopping.... we do that a lot -.-;;;  I am going to have to drag her somewhere else next weekend.  

We had a completely foreign day, which is even funnier considering that we are foreigners in a foreign country (yes, I realize that you can find the definition for redundant in the dictionary under redundant).  The first store we went to was the bookstore, but it was to look for an English book that Brittney wanted (we also looked at manga).  Next we went to the Indian store--probably my favorite store ^.^  I wanted to look for a new wallet, and ended up getting a curtain for between my "kitchen" and bathroom area instead.

After a lot of time in the Indian store, we went to an Indian restaurant.  So very yummy =)
 My lunch; the hottest I could get.  So yummy  ^.^
 Brittney's lunch; chicken curry and the level two hottness (on a scale of one through four).
 Our drinks; Brittney had just the plain yogurt while mine had mangos.

Once full of delicious food and so very happy, we went to an Indonesian hot rock spa.  Basically, it is a spa where you lay on a bed of hot rocks for ten minutes at a time, with five minute breaks in between.  You start out by changing into a provided outfit and washing your face.  If it is your first time at the spa (like me), a staff member guides you through the process.  There are two rooms, a sitting room and then the room with all the rock beds.  There is no talking in the hot room, as it would take away from other's relaxation. When we first entered, there was no one else there, and so Brittney and I had our pick of beds.

The first ten minutes are really nice and relaxing, to the point where I almost fell asleep and was really surprised when Brittney motioned for us to go to the sitting area; it did not feel like ten minutes had passed.  The second ten minutes were nice as well, though I could feel myself really starting to sweat, and even leaving the hot room did not stop the sweating.  The third time was still relaxing, but the time seemed to go slower.  The fourth time I found it hard to lie on my back any more (they suggest lying on your back or stomach) and just sat on the bed for a bit.  The fifth time we only had five minutes before we had to go take showers so we could be out in the lobby at the appointed time.

Even after the shower, you sweat for a while, and putting clothes back on is not so much fun.  Afterwards they serve you some tea and give you a sweet snack to help replenish some of the nutrients your body loses through sweating (along with all the toxins).  Despite the exhausted feeling, it was a lot of fun and really nice.  I felt relaxed, and loved how soft my skin felt afterward.

So, after sweating out a lot of toxins, we went to Baskin Robbins =)  They were offering three scoops for the price of two (four hundred yen) in either a cup or a cone.  I got the Popping shower, chocolate and caramel cheesecake, and love potion #31 (a raspberry and white chocolate ice cream with raspberry filled chocolates).  Brittney got Orange Cheesecake, Love Struck (we could not place the flavor of it), and a cherry one I cannot remember the name of.
 Brittney's
 Mine ^.^
We went to the clothing store after that, the original purpose of our trip so I could get some over shirts that were less see-through.  I only found one, but it worked really well today when I wore it, so I am happy.  After a visit to the foreign foods store, we walked over to Tsutaya and Brittney helped me get a new card ^.^  We tried to go to the second hand shop, but by the time we got there, it was closed.  

The train ride back had us both realizing how tired we truly were.  We both could have fallen asleep on the train.  We went grocery shopping after that, and by the time I got home I just crashed.  I forget to even write in my journal last night =( 

I think that we are going to make the spa day a monthly thing, which will be nice and a lot of fun (at least for the time that Brittney has left here).

Oh, I wanted to post pictures of the meal I made for Beth, Miyuki and I last Sunday, but I forgot, so here they are: 
 Beef Bowls.
Beth made snicker doodles, and I brought out the jalapeno cheese to introduce Miyuki to its yumminess ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment