The schools met at different spots on the field while their vice-principals gave a small speech, then dai ni moved over to where dai ichi sat, and the Ishinomaki fire department gave a short speech as well. When they were finished, Dai ichi went back inside, but my school continued on with a tsunami drill.
It mainly involved us walking/jogging at a brisk pace up the nearby hill. The walk was really nice, though we all felt a little winded once we reached the top. There was a beautiful view of the surrounding area. If it had not been so cloudy, we would have been able to see the ocean.
The mood turned somber as the principal gave a speech about tsunami. I did not have to understand the words to understand the importance or sadness of what she had to say. Her voice choked with emotion, and none of the students talked or joked around.
As quickly as that moment and mood came, it passed and we all headed back to the school. The hike back down more leisurely. While walking down some steps at the top of the hill, my shoe fell off and I hit the ground on my knees. Stupid shoe.
As some of the students cleaned the teacher's room, two came over to see what I was working on (my flashcards for emotion). One of them pointed to my happy picture and called it a "sailor moon imitation." If I had not been so impressed with her English, I would have been insulted ;-)
"I don't know"
"Happy"
The "sailor moon imitation"
"Sad"
"Fine"
Her hands are too small....
"Tired"
"Okay/so-so"
Her hand is too small... I discovered I have trouble with hand size.
"Sick"
"Hungry"
The hands have since been modified on this picture ^.^
"Good"
I still do not understand why blogger flips some of my images this way....
"Sleepy"
This and "happy" were the last two completed, and I think I like them the best.
"Hot"
So I spent so much time trying to get the hand right that I forgot to work on the face....
"Content"
This one I like as is, and am not really sure what emotion to assign.
No comments:
Post a Comment