05 April 2012

Junior High Meeting....

This morning was devoted to going to my Junior High School.  Like I suspected, they are anticipating my being there every Wednesday and Thursday, with the exception of next week.  For my first week they have me there Monday through Thursday, and for the first three days I will pretty much just be attending the Opening Ceremonies and getting to know the school.  As far as I understand, I will not be teaching until Thursday.  I will find out more next week.

They were very busy and so my visit was short.  We arrived about fifteen minutes before our appointment and left at the appointment time.  I was shown to my desk and introduced to the English teacher, who sits right next to me.  The principal was a very warm and inviting woman who passed me off to the vice-principal for the duration of the meeting.  The vice-principal use to be a High School English Teacher so I was able to understand a lot more of the conversation.  Ryo-san mentioned that I had not received my schedule from Interac yet and so they showed me what they had.

There are a couple weeks were Monday is a holiday and so I go to my Monday Elementary School on a Wednesday or Thursday.  Oh, the Junior High also gave me copies of the school books =)  I am happy about that.  It will be interesting to see how things go.  Only one school has mentioned whether or not I am the primary teacher and need to prepare the lesson plans.  I will find our more in the coming weeks ^^

As for tomorrow, I am assuming that I do not have any where to be since none of the schools seem to be expecting me.  It is like a three-day weekend =)

For the rest of today I am going to take advantage of the slightly warmer weather (it is suppose to start raining again this evening) and go for a walk around town ^^  Below are some pictures of the drive to Miyato Island, where one of my Elementary Schools is located (please pardon the random finger in the corner... I am still learning the camera on my phone).







 

1 comment:

  1. Our ALT came to our school for the first time. Our principal introduced him to us English teachers first. We will introduce ourselves in English. He talked with our principal for some time, and then he came in to the teachers' room and introduced himself in Japanese a little.

    He has taught in Japan for about 18 months, so he speaks a littel Japanese.

    We have an opening ceremony tomorrow, so he will come, but he won't teach. Next Monday, we will have an entrance ceremony(we love ceremonies!!), so we don't have regular classes. I'm not sure, but he will start teaching from next Wednesday.

    This school year, I teach only the first grade. So my first class will be next Thursday. Before that, I have to prepare a lot. If we were close to each other, we can do together....

    ReplyDelete