15 February 2012

Valentine's Day....

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MINNA-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I hope everyone has a wonderful day ^^

Whether we realize it or not, there is someone who loves us. I hope that you all are able to feel and understand that on this day!

I heard a story on the radio that explained Valentine's day. I had never heard this version before, but I will repeat it as best I can here:

A long tine ago, a King passed a law which forbade any young man to get married. All priests were expected to follow this law, under the pentalty of death, but there was one priest who continued to perform marriage ceremonies for young lovers in secret. Eventually he was caught and beheaded for his crimes, but he became known as Saint Valentine. Now, his defiance in the name of love is celebrated every year on the day of his death by the giving of flowers and chocolates.

Happy Valentine's Day =)

4 comments:

  1. I don't like Japanese custom for Valentine's Day. In Japan, girls give some chocolate to boys. Nowadays, girls make chocolate, brownie and chocolate cakes for Valentine's day. They give their boyfriends, close friends and maybe thier family members. Of course, many girls buy chocolate, too. I hate this custom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard that--pretty cool! I notice you put a link to my blog:-) I am thinking about you on this day. Love you sister dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wonderful sister of mine ^^ Love you too!

      Delete