Thursday morning Dad and I drove up to Oregon to see Granny. It took us about nine and a half or so hours to get up there, and that was mainly due to stopping for gas, food, and some groceries. When we arrived, I dropped Dad off at the motel then went over to Granny's house. Not long after I had been there, my aunt Rosie showed up for a little bit. I really enjoyed being able to see them both.
We spent almost the entire time talking. I learned some new things about that side of my family, like where Granny grew up. I found myself amazed at her sharp mind and memory. She told me about where she lived when she was younger; the family's move from a small city to a very small town and the shock they encountered by doing so.
The first time my grandparents met, my grandpa had been "going with" one of Granny's friends and she was walking home with another friend when he and his friend pulled over and offered them a ride home. She said she did not see him again until almost two years later. Stories like that just kept coming ^^
It was a lot of fun. Friday we had lunch with Rosie--I wish I had gotten more time to spend with my aunt.
Dad and I spent some time during the drive just talking and admiring the sights. On the way up, it was blue skies and sunny, but almost immediately when we hit the Oregon border, it turned overcast and grey. Saturday, on the way back, it was raining throughout Oregon (we even hit some snow along the mountain) but once we got into California the skies cleared up and it was sunny again. Pretty funny to watch.
Thursday I fly out to Utah. Should be a lot of fun.
That's good. And in less than a month, you are in Japan!!
ReplyDelete