Tuesday night came with some unfortunate news. The mother of one of Bambie's good friends (who can also be considered a friend of the family) passed away. The funeral was held up in Tahoe on Friday. Bambie drove out from Utah to offer her support, and I headed up Thursday night to do the same.
It has been a long time since I have been to a Catholic funeral.... About seventeen years. It is hard not to remember such experiences when presented with similar situations. I was surprised by the small differences, like no alter-servers and no kneeling.
I am glad that I went. Though I wish it had been under better circumstances, it was nice to see Chantal, Travis and their children. Also, it has been a long while since Bambie, Dad and I have just been the three of us. The experience was well worth the three and a half days I had to rearrange.
The sad thing about "losing" three and a half days is that I will not have the opportunity to travel down to Modesto/Merced like I had hoped. Things do not always go according to plan, and unfortunately sometimes things cannot happen the way we want them to. With the exception of the rest of today, I only have five and a half/six days left in Sacramento. Tuesday and Wednesday this week, and then Saturday 10 March (sometime in the afternoon) through Tuesday 13 March. Time seems to have snuck up on me, lol. The next few weeks are full of travel and trying to get things done.
One month. I am one month away from moving to Japan. How crazy is that? Lol! I imagine the next few weeks are just going to fly by. If I did not get the chance to come see you in person, I am sorry, I wish I could have.
My thoughts are disjointed. Too much rattling around in my brain.
I hope all is well with everyone!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment