17 September 2011

Uhhh, What?....

So yesterday I had a job interview at a Residential facility called Milhous Children's Services.  My interview was at ten o'clock, and lasted all of about ten minutes.  This makes me feel antsy because it is hard for me to imagine someone being able to get to know a prospective employee in that short amount of time.  However, that is about the same length as my first interview at Telos, so I have to remember not to read too much into it.

I got home around eleven and went out shopping with my Grandma.  When we returned there was a letter to me, from Milhous, stating that they did not have any open positions at this time, but would keep my resume and application on file and contact me when something opened up.  It is dated 13 September and has a post-mark date of 14 September.  It is signed by the same woman who interviewed me yesterday @.@  Basically, she sent me out a rejection letter the same day she called me to see if I could come in and interview.

I am not sure what is going to happen at this point.  I called after I received the letter, and the receptionist told me to disregard it.  The human resource person said I should know "soon" if I got the position or not.  My fingers be crossed; though if I could get the job with the county I would be super happy because then I would not need to get a second job ^^ and it would be eight to five.

Speaking of the county job, I have my exam today at twelve forty-five, but I have to be there at least twenty minutes early to check in.  What does that mean in Emily's insane little world?  I need to leave by eleven-thirty.... Which means I need to stop writing and finish getting ready.  I have no clue what I am going to be tested on, so I hope I know enough to get an interview.  Here goes the crossing of my fingers x-.-x

Have a wonderful day ^.^  Mata ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment