01 September 2011

A Prospect....

Today I received an e-mail regarding the Human Resources position with Sacramento County, and apparently I have passed the first part of the screening, and so on 16 September I have a three hour written exam for the position.  

I have no idea what to expect....

It is a higher paying job, plus a government one so I will have insurance and stuff, but I wonder how long this process will take.  The idea is that you take the written exam and if you score high enough then you are called for an interview.  If the exam is still not until half-way through September, when will I get to start work (if I get the position)?

I am going crazy without work....  Yesterday I applied to a position that I would absolutely LOVE to have, and it would be awesome for my Graduate school application because it involves research.  My fingers are crossed and I cannot help but mutter "please, please, please, please....." A LOT, lol.

In other news, I received my new passport, so no more expiring while I am overseas =)  My seminar is 24 September.  I have some Japanese to remember and a whole skit to design and practice before then.  I am super nervous and super excited..... Again, "please, please, please, please" is going through my mind a lot.  I am trying to keep a happy medium of being determined to go, but not being overly excited.  It is the same way I felt in the months leading up to going to Europe and Davis.

I really need to be more motivated when it comes to writing and editing.  Right now I have the perfect opportunity to really take time to do both, and I need to start doing so.  

Oh, and the Republican versus Democrats, and vice versa, thing is not only really annoying, but it is also really stupid.  You both are too extreme--take some responsibility and try to work together rather than point your fingers at the other party.

On a much sadder note.... I just found out that Manteca Waterslides is closed.... has been since 2004--that stinks!  It was the coolest waterpark I have ever been to.  I am very sad about this =(  Apparently, as of 2008 it was mostly covered in water from the lake and the rest is being prepared for track housing.  What a waste....

Goodnight everyone!  I hope all be well with you =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment