06 May 2013

Golden Week....

In Japan, there is a week at the beginning of May where they have three national holidays.  Most of the time, these holidays fall during the week and so the week is a holiday.  This year, however, the holidays fell on the weekend, giving us a three day weekend followed by a four day weekend.

Today is the last day of that four day weekend.

Originally, Tati and I were going to travel down to Kyushu.  She got the week off from Nagi's, and we didn't know that I wouldn't have the week off.  When I got my new schedule for the year, we were very disappointed.  I had to work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Bummer.  So, we decided that Tati would go down as planned and I would see if I could meet up with her for the four day weekend at the end of her journey.

Sadly, Thursday night, while going over how much the trip would cost and how long it would take to get down there, I had to make the decision not to go.  I felt really horrible, but Tati, having a blast, was understanding.

So, I stayed up in Miyagi.  Friday, Bethany and I went to Sendai for the day and just hung out there.  Nothing special, just a nice day.  We spent most of our time around the station.

Saturday, I rode my bike.  I tested to see how long it would take me to get to the elementary school I only see about once a month (it takes about twenty minutes by bicycle), then I rode to the mall in Ishinomaki.  It was a beautiful day and therefore really nice rides.  I also rode to the karaoke place, where I met up with Bethany.  We sang for two hours before parting ways.  I rode back to the mall, and then home.  I think I rode approximately twenty-five kilometers (about fifteen and a half miles) for the entire day.  For someone who is not use to riding a bike, I think that is pretty good!

Yesterday was spent cleaning, and then Nina came over and we had a Dollhouse marathon.  Overall, it's been a pretty relaxing weekend.  I am sad that I did not get to travel, but considering the plans that Nikki and I have for this summer, that might not be such a bad thing ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment