03 July 2013

Check In...

I've got to get back to studying, but I wanted to do a quick update and check-in for everyone.  Sorry the posts have been non-existent lately.  

For the most part, there has not really been anything going on.  I do have one post to make about the weekend I spent with Wesley, but otherwise we have been staying close to home lately.  Some karaoke and dinners, but mainly just hanging out and keeping busy.

A few weeks ago, Tati and I did a nearly five and a half hour karaoke session.  It was amazing, and despite our dead voices, neither one of us was ready to leave when we did.  I hope that we are able to go again soon.
At our favorite karaoke place, they have free time.  Basically, you pay one rate (per person) and get to sing for however long you want.  We never realized that free time was available on Friday evenings, starting at six.  In fact, it is like that all week long, with the exception of Saturday.  On Saturdays it does not start until midnight, which incidentally is the day we typically go to karaoke, but generally much earlier in the evening.  

So, you might ask, why the long period of silence and the lack of travel?

Well, I didn't want to say anything until it was over and done with.... I find that when I tell people about things that I am nervous about, they give me all sorts of positive feedback and I seem to take it to heart and rather than doing my best, I usually do my worst.  I do not know really how to explain that.  I believe that I can do it, so I do not put in the effort needed to be able to actually do it.  So, yeah.

Any way, I am taking a test on 31 July, and so most of my time (that is not spent at work, helping friends, exercising or spending time with people) has been devoted to studying.  Since the time is getting closer, I am cutting out more extra curricular activities and trying to just bury my nose in my books.  It's really important to me that I do well on this test, and as it gets closer, I feel the panic of not having devoted enough time to studying and allowing other things to distract me.  I will be much happier when it is all over and done with!

In other news, I have been starting a new exercise program.  It's been a little hit or miss, as I am just starting it, but I hope it will become more of a daily routine.  I also ordered a new swimsuit, which comes with a body-surfing type top so I can go swimming here without having to worry about exposing my back.  I am hoping to start swimming at the local gym everyday.

My schools are nice.  I enjoy spending time with my students.  Every day I am at the junior high, I get to walk to school.  It is really nice =)  Especially since I keep passing the same elementary school students (not from either of my schools), and they greet me in a variety of ways each morning.  It is cute and makes me smile every time.  This morning as I passed, one of the girls bowed to me and said "good morning!" When I returned the greeting in the same manner, she turned triumphantly to her friends and said "ha!"  It was pretty hilarious.

Okay, back to the grind I go.  I hope all is well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment