13 November 2011

So it's November....

Ohayo minna-san!  Good morning everyone =)

Yesterday was Veteran's Day, and while I did not make a post then, I would like to give thanks to those who have served in the military.

I cannot believe that it is already November, and yet at the same time, March still seems so far away.  I am not sure where October went, it seemed to come and go all at the same time.  I am grateful though, because I was able to see Mike twice last month, as well as Bambie, Josh, Shin, Heather, Keira, Jeremy, Dad, Christie, and Cody.  Of course, Nikki and I hung out as well, and we went to a haunted house.  With all that and work, I guess I can see why the month flew by, lol.  It is almost halfway through November though, so crazy!  
Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away @.@  I need to start working on my Christmas gifts to Bambie and everyone if I hope to send them out with Grandma and Grandpa in two weeks.  Snap, time really does fly, lol.

Yesterday I had my thirty-day review at work.  Yep, that be right, I have been with Costco for a full month now.  I am still looking for a second job considering that it seems likely that I will be laid off in January (and then rehired in February, which will not do me much good since I will have to quit in March).  The review went well, there are just a couple things I need to work on, like taking care of spills and other safety hazardous things I might see while I am running through the store.  Overall all though, he said they really liked me and if I keep it up then I will most likely be one of the re-hires.

I also got to work a full eight-hour shift yesterday, which is awesome because I originally was only suppose to work four.  Heehee. 

I tried to apply at Denny's on Thursday morning and was told to come back in a couple of weeks because they will start hiring around the holiday.  I heard back from Milhous (the one company that sent me the rejection letter the same day they called me for an interview, then refused to take my calls afterwards), who asked if I was still interested in a position.  They said they would call my references and then get back with me to set up an observation time.  That was on Halloween, and although she has called my references, I have not heard from her since.  I checked in with Barnes and Noble on Wednesday, and they are just now looking over their applications--I will check back in again next week.  At this point, I am seriously considering trying to go for three jobs for the next four months (at least one full, two part-time).  I just actually need to get an interview and be hired somewhere.

So, that is all I can think of in the way of updates for right now.  I hope all is well with everyone.

Mata ne!

1 comment:

  1. Are you still looking for another job? Wow!
    As for me, I want to quit the job. LOL For these two weeks, I have worked till 9:30pm or more except Saturday and Sunday. I also worked Saturday mornings. Oh, of course, ALTs can go home earlier like 4:30pm. And we had an unexpected guest the other nights(we call him "Monster Dad"). He came two or three times. Because of him, we couldn't leave school earlier.

    Well, have fun at work and see you in March.

    ReplyDelete