02 November 2011

Halloween

So on Friday one of my co-workers asked me to work his shift on Sunday.  We tried to set it all up but by the time I left, I had not heard anything from him (like time, or if I needed to sign the paper he had filled out) but assumed I would see him Saturday.  Well my shift Saturday came and went, and still nothing.  Sunday morning, I called work to see if they were expecting me, and they told me they were not but offered for me to come in and work a four hour shift because they really needed the help.  Heehee, I ended up being there four hours and twenty-two minutes because we were really short handed.

Saturday night I went up to Grass Valley to go see Christie and Cody, which was a blast.  Her parents were there as well, and we all sat around talking and had dinner at the apartment.  It was really good to see them all.  Before I left, Cody and Christie got ready for the Halloween party they were going to, a seventies themed get-together.  I took a couple of pictures of Cody with my phone, but am sad to say that I did not get any of Christie =(

Monday was my day off, and besides going to Wal-Mart with my Grandma, I really could not tell you what I spent most of the day doing.  Because it was Halloween, I got dressed up as a China Doll.  That morning, Mike text messaged me and asked if I would like to meet him in Fairfield for dinner ^^ So, I got in costume and drove the hour to meet him.  At the Mexican restaurant that we went to, I was the only person dressed up.
 (The pictures were taken with cell phones so pardon the quality)

Afterwards, we spent some time just hanging out and talking.  I had a moment yesterday where a piece of mail knocked me on my ass, but being able to spend the time with Mike really helped brighten my day--that, and all the funny looks I got from fellow drivers as I drove to Fairfield.  A mild Halloween, but I really enjoyed it.  I hope I am able to see everyone before I go to Japan.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween =)  I cannot believe it is 1 November already--where does the time go?


Have a great week ^^

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you take a picture of you in a costume?

    ReplyDelete