So I spent time this weekend traveling down to Modesto and Merced to go see people. Though I stopped for several hours, it felt like I was in a car for the majority of the weekend.
First stop was Modesto to see Laura and Mary. I arrived around eleven and we went to lunch at Applebee's, then hung out at Starbucks, followed by walking around Barnes and Noble and ending with dessert at Denny's. I had a ton of fun! It is crazy how much Modesto has changed, how much each of us has changed, and yet when we get together it is almost like being back in High School again. Laura and I giggle and laugh for no apparent reason and Mary just looks at us, which only makes our laughing uncontrollable. At Denny's I could not sit still, either from too much caffeine or just feeling happy for the first time in I do not know how long, and ended up having an unexplained fit of laughter.
I had planned on leaving Modesto around six so I could be in Merced by seven, but I received a text message from Candice asking if I were still in town and because I really wanted to see her, I left Mary and Laura at six and headed over to Candice's. We chatted in her living room about all the most recent happenings in our lives. It was nice to get to sit with her and her parents again. Around seven-thirty I realized the time and Candice walked me to my truck, where we spent another forty-five minutes talking. It was hard to leave because I felt like there had not been enough time, but I also was aware that I needed to get to Merced.
So I arrived in Merced around nine. Ian went and bought dinner at Maria's Taco Shop (yummy ^^) while Heather and I sat and talked for a while. We "watched" 'The Master of Disguise'--in which I mean Ian put in on in the background while we ate, but we spent the time talking rather than paying attention to the movie-- and after it finished, Heather unfortunately had to go to sleep because she had work early the next morning =( Ian and I stayed up until around four talking. We watched "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog" at some point as well. Heather left around five and I slept from the time she left until around seven-thirty. Aurron and Ian got up around nine, and the three of us hung out until I left around twelve-thirty. Again, I wish I had been able to stay longer.
I met up with Christie and Cody in Auburn and shared Chinese food with them at a canyon overlook. Christie and I spent time talking while Cody went to skateboard for a little while. The visit overall was short =( because I had told my Grandparents that I would be back at their house around six. It was really good to see both of them, and the conversation we had was very good.
Sunday night, my cousin Cody dropped Sean back off at my Grandparents and I spent some time talking with him. I had not seen him in at least fifteen years, so it was interesting to catch up. Apparently I will be going to dinner with him and our cousin Jennifer at some point this week. My mother's family... It should be interesting.
Overall, the weekend was very healing and great. I miss all of my good friends, and I hope that I get to see them all again soon, especially if I end up going to Japan or somewhere for a year. Oh yeah, I submitted my application for the job in Japan, and am now just waiting to hear back from them. My fingers be crossed!!!
I hope all be well with everyone. Adieu!
No comments:
Post a Comment