So I got on to check my e-mail for Nikki's address so I can drive to her house tomorrow morning, and I decided to check my professional e-mail. Normally I only check it once a day, and I already checked it today, so this be a weird occurrence for me.
Anyway, in my e-mail inbox was a letter from Interac, the company in Japan that I applied for. Basically it said that the recruitment period for Fall 2011 had already ended, but that my application passed the first round of review and that they would like to interview me during their next recruitment period for Spring 2012.
So in August they will contact me to set up a phone interview, and if they like me over the phone then I will attend a seminar sometime this fall. This leaves me with going to Japan in March 2012, and being there for a year. April is when the school year starts in Japan, so I will be arriving at the start of a new year ^^
To prepare me for my phone interview, they have sent me a couple links to read up on the differences between Japanese and Western culture as well as a Frequently Asked Questions page they want me to review.
I am super excited and nervous ^^ The steps have been taken, and it sounds like I will be going to Japan in the spring. Until then, I am not quite sure what I am going to do. Hopefully I will have more of an opportunity to visit friends and family. I have to get a job, and it seems like I might be staying in Sacramento for a little while so I can save up some money. At least it will give me time to work on my truck, and maybe travel a little bit.
So, the temporary job search begins....
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I be excited ^^
That is really exciting! Are you going to try to go back to CARD in the meantime?
ReplyDeleteIf you come to Japan, we can get together often. And if you work at school, you have to hide your tatoo. In Japan, it reminds us of Yakuza or bad peeple. It's one of the Japanese culture. Please be careful.
ReplyDeleteKimie
I am really excited =) Before I come, I am going to do a bunch of clothes shopping to get shirts I know cover the tattoo completely. Maybe when you are here, Kimie, you can help me with this?
ReplyDeleteSure. I like window shopping!
ReplyDeleteKimie