16 July 2011

Applications...

So I am almost finished with my application to Interac, a company in Japan that supplies English speaking teachers to schools around the country.  I am just waiting for two of my professors to write back in order to make sure that they are okay with me using them as a reference.  I am really nervous, but also very much excited.  I am still keeping my options open at this point, and am trying not to focus on anything in particular.  This year has been rough, and it seems like every time I become hopeful or excited about something, it changes in some way and is no longer a viable or comfortable option.

That is not to say that any of this is comfortable.  I miss the idea of going up to Washington and studying Sign Language while working up in Seattle.  However, when it comes to following my feet, I seem to be headed in another direction.  Who knows, maybe one day I will end up there; one day I will become fluent in American Sign Language.  I am following the wind, my feet, my heart--whatever you want to call it--right now, and just letting it take me where ever it wants me to go.  If I have to start over, then I am glad that it will be in a place that I want to be.

Everything happens for a reason.

Tomorrow I will be traveling to Modesto to see Laura and Mary (Yippee!!!!) ^.^  I am super excited about that.  Last time I saw them was almost two years ago.  I hope to be able to see Candice, but it sounds like she will be out of town for the duration I am in town.  After Modesto is Merced tomorrow evening to see Ian and Heather.  Again, I think it has been about two years since I last saw them.  I am definitely making the rounds this year =)  I am very happy to be able to see all of my friends.  Today I had lunch with a friend from C.A.R.D., and it was really good to see her.  I felt kind of bad because I did a lot of emotional spewing on her today, but overall it seemed to be an equalized conversation, not to mention a very good one.  I had not seen here since I quit C.A.R.D., even though we had tried several times to make plans to get together before I left Davis.  Next week, I will get to see Nikki and Sunday I get to spend some time with Christie and Cody ^.^  

I have decided that I am going to spend another week in Sacramento, and spend the twenty-third here and then go to the bay area either on the twenty-fourth or the twenty-fifth.  Hopefully this extra week in Sacramento will enable me to get more done.  Too much of this week was spent being lazy and wallowing in emotions and trying to process and get past the stirred up feelings from Monday.

My Dad be coming down to visit on the twenty-third, and I am very excited that I will get to see him.  Right now it just feels good to see and visit with people.  At some point I would like to make a trip up to Oregon to see my Granny, and (if I can afford it) down to Arizona to see Kelly.  A lot of it will depend on when I am moving to wherever I am moving to and what I need to get done in order to move.

Can you tell that I am trying to fit everyone in?  I hope that I am able to do it, especially if I do end up going overseas for the next year.  This blog will become a chronicles of my adventures here in the next few months, and I will use it to keep everyone updated on my whereabouts and post lots of pictures ^.^

1 comment:

  1. So you live with your grandparents in Sacramento. Please say hi and I'm doing okay to them for me. Have a great week!

    Kimie

    ReplyDelete