Has anyone ever noticed how sometimes talking about something that is bothering you--bringing it to light, if you will--actually makes you feel worse rather than better? Maybe it is because you were not really ready to admit to yourself how you felt, or maybe you are talking to the wrong person/people about it... either way, talking about something you have been trying to hide can only make it seem that much worse. As if before you mentioned it, it hid in the background without much of an impact, but speaking about it caused you to realize how much it hurt/effected you.
Just a thought...
I think in that case you might be talking to the wrong people about it; sometimes, though, it can seem like talking to whoever about whatever may have been a bad idea because it seems worse but later on it actually helps. In the end it is just knowing that you have someone to talk to about things--and being able to talk about them that helps. Talking aloud helps you realize things that you might otherwise have missed. That is what I like about blogging--I can rant and rave and have an outlet (and get feedback which is almost always welcome) but while I am doing it, it is cathartic to me. A lot of times just getting it out there makes me feel better. :-)
ReplyDelete