25 February 2010

Frustrated...

So I know I shouldn't complain, I should be happy with what I have currently, but unfortunately I just feel really frustrated at the moment.  I submitted a paper to my mythologies teacher--one that would not have gotten better than a B at Davis--and I missed only a few points (three to be exact) and the teacher had this to say:  
"...good job on this paper.  I thought that it was fairly well presented, and did a pretty good job going through the core elements of each mythical narrative.  Probably more could have been said about the differences - and what those differences might tell us about the respective cultures - but overall I thought it was pretty clearly an 'A' paper."
Ah!  Not even close to being one of my best papers, and I get an easy grade.  Of course, when I complain I get told that its a class at LTCC, not Davis--as if I didn't know that.  
I just don't feel challenged any more.  In fact, I feel at this point like I can be lazy and hardly put any effort into something and still get an A.  I miss Davis...  I miss having to work for my grades.  I miss being challenged.  And I know, I will be going to Graduate school here in another year and a half and there it will be hard and I will be challenged...  I just thought that taking courses at the community college would help keep me sharp, and at the moment I feel as though they are doing more harm than good because they're teaching me to be lazy again (before Davis I never really knew how to study).  At least I've set up my own challenges--and definitely will have them in place better next quarter--like having my own deadlines for when things are due.  Also, I am trying to challenge myself to write/edit Mociye, as well as edit some stuff for other people.  I have a busy schedule, which I really should get back to.

In other news, still no clue if work is going to make me a counselor or not.  I received the go-ahead to take a counseling course next quarter, but other than that there is no confirmation or denial.  It be frustrating.  We also will be moving our shifts to four-tens or three-twelves, though I don't know when.  Personally, I am voting more for the four-tens, rather than losing four hours a week.  

Anyway, that be my quick update/rank.  I hope all is well with everyone! Smile lots and be happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment