05 March 2010

Interesting...

So I walked into work today and my boss asked me to remind her when I am planning to go back to school.  I told her "Fall 2011" and one of my semi-co-workers (he works over at outpatient and is pretty high up on the chain of command...  kind of like my boss' right-hand man) states "well, that's longer than _________."

Basically, one of the counselor's is in the process of trying to quit, or at least get a different position within the company, but because he is male, they have to replace him with another male (I really am not quite sure how that works, but I guess we have to be even).  Anyway, my boss pretty much let me know today that she has not forgotten me nor the fact that I would like to be a counselor...  she even said she knew how I felt and agreed with it, but is "dependent on" me in my current position.  She ended the conversation with the fact that there is going to be a lot of changes in the next few weeks/months and that she doesn't know what is going to happen yet.

Later, one of the other counselors advised me that I should think about getting ready to get my certificates in California and Nevada so that I can be a counselor when the time comes.  I told her I wouldn't until I get the green light, but I would at least look into the requirements for them.  I think for the Nevada one I need three letters of reference, if I understood her correctly.

It's like being offered a promotion without being offered a promotion, Lol ^^  Any way, that is the latest news on that front...  what else can I say?

I received a call last week from the insurance company because they had a "few questions about the items listed," but when I tried to call back I only reached an answering machine.  I left a message, but I still have yet to hear back from them.  I am going to try again either tomorrow on my lunch break or on Monday.  Have I mentioned yet that I hate insurance companies?

Speaking of...  I need to get Luke new car insurance and health insurance soon... 

Well, that be all for right now.  I be really sleepy and so I want to put on another disk of "Invader Zim" and go to bed.  I hope all be well with everyone.  Smile lots and be happy ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment