12 November 2013

Returning to Japan....

Our flight left Beijing at eight-thirty on the nineteenth.  It was amazing to feel so happy over the small differences we noticed upon our arrival back in Japan.  Clean restrooms and buildings.  Storage lockers for our belongings so we did not have to lug them around all afternoon and evening while waiting for our buses back to our respective areas.

We took the train to Shinjuku and stashed our belongings in a locker there before going in search for somewhere to charge our phones.  We ended up at a cafe for a while, then decided to walk around to find where our respective buses would pick us up.  More wandering and then a search for food.

As much as we loved Thailand, Cambodia and Hong Kong, we were both really happy to be back in Japan.  We were tired and both a little anxious to get back to our areas and relax.  Nikki's bus left around ten, and mine at midnight. 

When I got home the next morning, it was not to a relaxing day.  The bus was late dropping me off in Sendai and I had to rush for the train, which I missed.  Luckily the next one still got me back in Yamoto before I needed to be at school.  A quick change into professional clothing and I was rushing for my junior high school to help out with speech competition.

Upon my arrival back home, I discovered that I had no water.  Feeling gross and in desperate need of a shower, this was especially irksome.  Apparently the little gate that holds the water back when I flush the system in the winter had fallen down.  Luckily, the water company man was at the apartment, diagnosed and fixed it in less than ten minutes.

Thus concludes my exciting summer vacation.  I have a ton more posts to write detailing all the excitement since I have been back, so keep looking for more upcoming blogs.  I hope all is well with all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment