On 14 August, we said goodbye to Clarissa and took a tuk tuk to catch our flight to Koh Samui, Thailand. It is one of the islands of Thailand and where we had decided to splurge and end our trip.
We flew with Bangkok airways, which ended up being the cheapest option. They had a lounge for all passengers which included free snacks and drinks. Soooo nice.
We arrived in Koh Samui in the afternoon and a driver from our hotel picked us up. Once we got checked in, we just relaxed. At that point in the trip we were both feeling pretty exhausted from all the travel and lack of sleep (it be hard to sleep when you're so excited), not to mention rude wake-up calls that I forgot to mention in a previous post. While we were at the hostel in Chaing Mai, Nikki scared us both half to death. She woke up to something crawling across her and sat up in a panic. Me being the light sleeper that I am, woke up to her sudden movement and when I saw the staring, panicked look on her face, I began to freak out. I thought there was someone in the room with us. Turns out that it was a lizard.
After the sun set, we decided to take a walk down to the fisherman's village, which just ended up being a lot of shops lining the street. Not interested in shopping, we headed back to the hotel.
Our hotel, Hansar, was gorgeous, by the way. Like Chaing Mai, the lobby was completely open. It had a beautiful fountain in the middle of it and the resort sat on the ocean. It made for some beautiful views. The package we got came with a nightly turn down service, where they would make the bed ready for sleeping and leave us some chocolates and a gift. It is probably the ritzy-est place I have ever stayed in. The bed was soooo amazing. I think we both had excellent sleep all three nights there.
No comments:
Post a Comment