Last night I went out with all the female sensei from my Junior High school. I met five of them near the supermarket that is close to my apartment, and we all drove to Sendai. The ride there, I was pretty quiet. I still have close to no Japanese skills (aside from being able to read hiragana, katakana, and now some kanji and ask "do you like" questions), so I mainly listened.
We went to yaki niku. They serve platters of raw meat, and you cook it over a fire set in the middle of the table. For the most part, it was pretty good. Well, as good as beef can be =P I am not much of a meat person, and especially not much of a beef person. I can eat it on occasion, but for the most part I prefer other kinds of meat. So, the first little bit was okay, but it quickly became too much. I think a lot of it was from different parts of the cow, liver and the like.... It is better if I don't think about it.
The conversation was nice throughout dinner. I got lucky because the school councilor was there, and she speaks a little bit of English, so I was able to be more apart of the conversation than I would have otherwise been.
The sensei at my junior high are all really nice people. Despite the language barrier, they try to include me in a lot of things.
You have tried gyutan(cow tongues) and you know it's good. So you should try more. We Japanese people also eat pork. You can eat various kinds of meat(I mean various kinds of parts like intestines. :-) Enjoy!
ReplyDelete