On Saturday, 2 February, we decided to go ice skating at Ishinomaki's local rink (complete with billard room, bowling and a small arcade).
Mike, having grown up in Canada, was the best skater among us. I at least was competent enough not to use the wall, though I have to admit that my ice skating skills are not the best. Tati, Nina and Rochelle had all been on the ice before, but were not confident in their ability so they all stayed close to the wall. Rochelle's big accomplishment was skating from one wall to the other (width ways) without hugging the wall. I think it was her second time skating. Kolby and Taniesha (this was her first time hanging out with us; she lives near me in Yamoto) had never ice skated before. They stayed on the wall the whole time, and were the first to call it quits.
Tati was the first to fall. She and Rochelle were trying to do a pose for the camera, and down she went. Nina was the second. She fell pretty hard and hurt her arm--still the trooper, she came back out on the ice after resting a bit. I fell when trying to weave my skates in and out. My butt and lower back were sore for a week but at the time I just laughed, got back up and continued skating. Rochelle fell a few times on her attempts across the ice without the wall.
All in all, it was a lot of fun.
Afterwards, we hung out in the arcade for a little bit and then went for sushi. Of course, following our meal was a session of karaoke =)
Mike, having grown up in Canada, was the best skater among us. I at least was competent enough not to use the wall, though I have to admit that my ice skating skills are not the best. Tati, Nina and Rochelle had all been on the ice before, but were not confident in their ability so they all stayed close to the wall. Rochelle's big accomplishment was skating from one wall to the other (width ways) without hugging the wall. I think it was her second time skating. Kolby and Taniesha (this was her first time hanging out with us; she lives near me in Yamoto) had never ice skated before. They stayed on the wall the whole time, and were the first to call it quits.
Tati was the first to fall. She and Rochelle were trying to do a pose for the camera, and down she went. Nina was the second. She fell pretty hard and hurt her arm--still the trooper, she came back out on the ice after resting a bit. I fell when trying to weave my skates in and out. My butt and lower back were sore for a week but at the time I just laughed, got back up and continued skating. Rochelle fell a few times on her attempts across the ice without the wall.
All in all, it was a lot of fun.
Afterwards, we hung out in the arcade for a little bit and then went for sushi. Of course, following our meal was a session of karaoke =)

You are enjoying winter there.
ReplyDeleteWhen I visited Tahoe for the first time, I saw a small skate rink near the shopping area(I forgot the name). I have never skated. If I were there with you, I couldn't leave the wall. lol