27 January 2013

January....

It is hard to believe that Friday is the first day of February.  Where has the time gone?  

This last week, I have been getting e-mails concerning renewing my VISA, getting my Japanese Driver's License, and renewing my contract with my apartment.  Strange to think that in a little over a month and a half, I will be finished with my first year in Japan.  What a year it has been! I am excited for the next one; though I hope it goes a little bit slower.  

Nikki and I have several adventures for the new year already in the works, including Kyoto and the surrounding Asian countries as well as a trip or two more to Tokyo DisneyLand and DisneySea.  Tati and I also have some adventures planned, the first of which will happen in less than two weeks: our trip to Sapporo for the Winter Festival.  Super exciting! On top of that, I have some family planning to visit ^.^ All in all, it should be a good year.  

It is amazing to be here.  There are days when I wake up, and I still cannot believe that this is where I am.  Dream come true--I think part of me is skeptical about the reality.  I am here, I am doing it.  I am right where I am suppose to be, and it feels really great!

January has been a quick month, sadly.  We have not done much, beyond working and going to karaoke a couple times.  Last night, Tati and I went to the mall and shopped a bit before going to dinner and then to karaoke.  It was a nice, relaxing evening, and it was really nice just to hang out with her.  Tonight, Nina and Tati are coming over for dinner and a movie.  Not sure what movie we will be watching, but it should be lots of fun ^.^  I need to go get started on dinner soon.

This month seems to be the month to recuperate from all the traveling December brought.  I am excited for next month when we get back out into the world.  As much as I love Yamoto and Ishinomaki, it will be nice to get away again.  There is so much to see, and I want to see it all =D  Okay, I know that is highly improbable, but I want to see as much as I possibly can!

No comments:

Post a Comment