I did not get to leave my apartment until five to seven (and I was due to meet them all at the karaoke place in Ishinomaki at seven--it is about a twenty minute or so drive). I picked Tati up in Ishinomaki along the way, and arrived around seven-thirty. We started our session, requesting only two hours to begin with. About forty minutes in, Andy arrived at the Ishinomaki train station, so I went to pick him up. We ended up staying at karaoke for three hours, and then headed to CoCo's for "dinner" so we could continue to chat and hang out. It was a lot of fun. We did not leave until the restaurant closed at one. I dropped Beth, Andy and Tati off at their respective apartments and did not end up getting home until almost two.
Beth
From left to right: Brian and Andy
Ms. Tatiana
Yesterday, 20 October, Tati and I rode our bikes over to the cheap clothing store to do some shopping. I got a couple more work shirts, since it is beginning to get colder here and my sensei think I am crazy because I continue to wear short sleeves. I think it feels nice. Any way, we stopped by a grocery store on our way back and were able to get some cheap fruit (it is really sad when I see a small melon for $5.00 and I am excited because that is cheap).
Tati went off to a Halloween party and I did some things around my apartment--though not anything I really needed to get done (I thought I would have today to get everything else accomplished). At around six-fifteen, I picked her up from her place and we headed to Ishinomaki once again for karaoke.
This time our group included Henry, Don, and Mike from JET, Armak, Boonan, Nina, and Kolby from Interac. Once everyone arrived, we agreed to do three hours and were given a nice, cozy room. Seriously, it was tiny and we had to ask for extra chairs so we could all sit. It made conversation really nice though. It took us a moment to get started, but once we did, it was a lot of fun and people just kept putting in song after song.
About an hour in, a bigger room opened up, so we moved to it. We lost a lot of our songs, and the selection in the new room was not as good. Conversation among all of us became more difficult, but we had a lot more space to move around in. With about forty minutes left, a Japanese woman, Inuoe, joined the group. She is a friend of the JET guys.
From left to right: Henry, Nina, and Boonan
From left to right: Kolby, Don, Mike and Tati
From left to right: Me, Armak and Inuoe
After karaoke, Tati, Mike, Don, Henry, Kolby, Inuoe and I headed over to CoCo's. Beth met us outside the karaoke place and went with us. It was nice just to hang out and get to know everyone. I did not get home until around one-thirty. Today Yumi-sensei is picking me up so we can go to Sendai and to naginata practice. In November we will be joining the martial arts festival, so we need to practice positions two through four. I don't like four =P Unfortunately, with my Tuesday evenings being taken up now, I do not get to go to that practice. It makes me sad.



No comments:
Post a Comment