21 September 2012

Posting....

I had no idea what to call this post, so it gets an unimaginative title.  Before I start writing about the amazing three day weekend we had last week, I wanted to just post some thoughts.

The last few weeks have been really busy.  I have not been at home much, and when I am, it has only been for a couple of hours at a time (with the exception of sleep-time).  I have been on the go a lot, and it has been really nice.  Having the last couple days to just write blogs and catch up has been nice as well.  I am coming to understand that I really love both worlds: I love it when I am on the go constantly and have jam-packed days and evenings, while at the same time I love having time at home to sit, read and/or write.  The thing is though, I love being on the go even more.  As exhausting as this past weekend was, I am already restless enough to want to get out and do it again this weekend.

It is hard to believe that only a week ago, I was rushing home to get ready for Kyoko-san's lesson, then preparing to try to make the bus for Sendai.  I walked quickly to the train station, giving myself more than enough time to get there, but excitement quickened my pace.  I stood on the train for ten minutes, yet when the time came for it to depart, it stood still.  Five minutes past when it was due to leave, the conductor's voice filled the train as he explained something in Japanese I could not understand.  None of the other passengers moved to get off the train, so I assumed it would not take long.  Fifteen minutes later, his voice broke the silence again, yet the train did not move, nor did any one exit.  Another five minutes, and a second conductor spoke, and a few people began to get restless, making calls on their cell phones.  Finally, after another five to ten minutes passed, I exited the train, running for my car.  I decided to drive to Tatiana's work and leave my car there for the weekend; I never did see or hear the train move.

The week has gone by so fast.  Sadly, so has my time in Japan.  On 15 September, it officially became six months since I arrived.  Crazy to think half a year has already gone by.... I definitely cannot see myself only staying for a year--it just isn't enough time.  Strange, because I am often such a restless person that a year seems like forever.  Maybe I am starting to settle down a little bit....

I hope all is well with everyone.

Oh, and I just want to say: I have the best Grandparents EVER!  I received a care package from them, and it is filled with some of my favorite treats--and not just a little, but enough to tide me over until Christmas.  

There are days, and many moments, where I just wake up and think: I LOVE MY LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. I know you have the most wonderful grandparents in the world!!!!!!!!! I envy you!! :-)

    K

    ReplyDelete