--------------
Keira-ism: The action or words that spontaneously come from Keira, especially at times when it is least expected.
Bambie gave Dad and me the tour of their apartment, and while we were in Keira's room, she came in and without saying a word, she collapsed to the ground and pretended to be dead. We tried tickling her and rolling her over, but her only reaction was a very small smile. When we left her in her room, she followed us and proceeded to do the same thing in the hallway.
Saturday night, Keira wanted me to read her a story. I put her in her diaper, and when I patted her stomach and said all done, she stood up and, while squating, said "here comes the peepee." I started laughing, and Bambie came in with a camera, so I explained what had happened. Keira repeated the line, which caused Bambie and I both to laugh so hard we cried. Suddenly, Keira wiped my cheek and said "it's okay, don't cry." Oh yes, we did laugh harder.
Bambie tried to bring Keira in some Pedisure, and Keira started yelling at her "No, no, go, go. Emmy reading story. Faeries."
While driving up to Salt Lake, we pointed out the hang-gliders. Keira told us they were "swimming in the air."
Keira: "Watch" while jumping on her bed
Me: "No, no watch. Lay down."
Stops jumping and glares at me for a few moment before pointing at me and saying "Dinosaurs say roar!!"
During the drive to Salt Lake, Keira smelt her own arm and said "Ew, yucky" then held it out to me and said "smell!"
In the tabernacle during the second session on Sunday, Keira licked her palm then shoved it in my face while saying "smell it."
Sunday night, Josh went in to see why Keira was yelling and not sleeping. Her reply: "Kiss the bum!"
Whenever Keira is upset, she responds in a deep, gravelly voice. She will demand something, like watching Dora.
Me: "What do you say"
Keira, angrily: "Please"
Me: "Say it nicely"
Keira, angrily: "Nicely"
--It also works with other things:
Me: "I love you"
Keira, angrily: "Love you"
Me: "You're special"
Keira, angrily: "You're special"
--It is much funnier to hear than write/read.
"Feather" is Keira's name for Heather.
We sat in row A-20. Keira read it as "A-two-oval"
And my absolute favorite one of the weekend:
While playing with Keira on Sunday, she suddenly stood up and informed me that she had to go potty and that she would be right back. A few moments later, I hear her whimpering in the hall, and stand up to find her standing outside an open bathroom door looking distraught.
Me: "What's wrong sweetie?"
Keira, very sad/upset: "Stinky!"
Then she ran into Bambie and Josh's bathroom. From inside Shin's room, I hear Dad say "Hey!".... apparently, he had just come out of the restroom not long before Keira tried to go in.
No comments:
Post a Comment