So I had two interviews this week. The first one was on Saturday for a tutoring position. I woke up with what I thought was food poisoning (I use the term "woke up" loosely considering that I barely slept Friday night) and met with the lady at the Starbucks inside of a Barnes and Noble. She loved me, and said she felt that I was perfect for the kid she needed the tutor for. The drawback? I had the second interview scheduled for Tuesday, and the potential hours (eight to five) conflicted with the time she needed (two-thirty to three-thirty three days a week). With that, she said that she would keep my resume and call me if something else came up, meanwhile she would like me to keep her updated with my schedule.
So yeah, that sucked. Especially since I think they offer twenty to twenty-five dollars an hour, but at the same time I would have only started out with three hours a week, which does not really work either. So I left, feeling disappointed but more so just wanted to get home and lay down. Saturday sucked.
My second interview was on Tuesday for a place called CEPS, and agency that handles social security checks for people who have a harder time managing their money. My stomach still hurt, so apparently it was not food poisoning, but once again I went to the interview. It seemed to go really well, she smiled at all my answers and said things like "excellent." Then at the end of the interview, she handed me her card and told me to give it a few days to sink in then call or e-mail her if I am still interested in the position. I felt confused and my first thought was "would I be here if I was not interested?"
Well, my thoughts have been on that interview and job ever since. See, I am conflicted... I am really interested in the position, and I think I would do well working there, however they can only afford to pay me somewhere between nine and ten dollars an hour. Right now, to accomplish all the things I need to by the time I leave for Japan, I need to make at the very least thirteen dollars an hour. If I accept the CEPS job, then I have to find a second job, and most likely it will need to be full time (or as close to thirty/forty hours as can be). At the same time, I need a job like two weeks ago..... What to do, what to do....
I am going to send the CEPS lady an e-mail today that says something along the lines of "I am still interested in the position, however, I would like you to know that at the pay rate being offered I will need to continue searching for a second or alternate job." That way the ball is in their court, but I have expressed interest and have not just let it go because they do not pay what I need. Also, if I get a better job, then they have prior knowledge to it as well. Still makes me feel yucky because she spent time letting me know how extensive their training process is. I hate feeling conflicted and being so concerned over how I am treating a company.
On top of all of this, I have gotten two calls from companies in Utah that I applied for somewhere between four and six months ago asking if I want a job interview. I told Bambie that if I get a third call, I may just accept an interview. Mike wants me to come live with them in Miami as well, and I am tempted to start looking for jobs there. It would also make it easier for watching the kids in December (I would not have to take a week and a half vacation from a job to go over there, I would already be there). The problem is, I like Sacramento right now. It is not my favorite place to live, but I enjoy spending time with my Grandparents and at the moment I am in a good position to see most of the people I want to spend time with before I leave for a year (or longer if I get into an international Graduate school). Again, conflict.....
Any way, I found another job that I really would like, and it too is eight to five (well, actually four-thirty), so I am going to apply for it today and keep my fingers crossed! Wish me luck ^.~
No comments:
Post a Comment