05 June 2011

Another Day Gone By...

So this year continues to throw wrenches into my works, but I am working on being flexible and rolling with the punches.  Overall, I think I do that pretty well any way, but there is always room for improvement.

Mike is being transferred down to Miami at the end of this month, which means I had to cancel my trip to Washington D.C. to visit him and his family.  I am looking into still going to see them over this summer, but the airfare for the time that I wanted to visit has risen quite a bit, and the airlines do not care if something happens and you cannot go, they will charge you a large fee any way. This aggravates me greatly.  I could understand if they were losing money by giving a refund, but they have a no-refund policy so the money sits as a credit on your account.  You have to use the same airline, so that credit goes to the same place.  Two hundred dollars to change or cancel your reservation--it is highway robbery!


It seems like that is all that any one cares about: money.  Cannot live without it, but we would all be better off! Ummm... I am going to stop my rant right there, because I could really go on and on about it.


Right now I am trying to figure out moving, getting a job, spending as much time with my family as I can before I move, when is the best time to visit Mike in Miami, visiting family and friends in California before I move to Arizona, and all of this before 18 August, when school starts (and in reality, a week before that because I want to get established in Arizona before jumping into school).  Not to mention that I need to figure out financial aid and meet with my academic adviser before school starts.  Oh, and I cannot do any of this before July because I am still working at Telos until 30 June.


So much to do, so little time.  I have been procrastinating a lot as well.  I ran errands today, and spent time watching Anime and talking through e-mail (although the e-mail was apartment related, so not really procrastinating) instead of looking up those things I need to look up.  Oh, and I slept in until ten--the first time I have done that in quite a few weeks!  A day off though, and I have wasted a lot of it; it is no wonder why I do not go to bed until after one in the morning, lol.


On top of everything I have to figure out finances. Well, I am attempting to write some short stories, put them together, and sell them as a book on Amazon's Kindle.  I will let you all know if that goes through ^.^ Maybe I will actually be a published writer here in the next few weeks.  On top of that, I plan to get the first three chapters of my book sent out to TOR by 30 June, and then after that I will have four months to get the rest of the book ready just in case they want to publish it.  Wish me luck!!!  I know my fingers are crossed.


In other news, I am severely tempted to shave my head.  I want everything about me to be new, to start over, and so I figured a good starting point would be my hair.  It is quite damaged from years of abuse, so I am thinking of shaving it off and starting over.  I know, crazy, right? I have already started doing a similar thing with my wardrobe. Obviously I cannot start over entirely; a slate cannot be wiped completely clean, you always see bits and pieces of what was on it before. Basically, I am just trying to find me again, and understand who I am.  This includes learning to be comfortable and like who I am.


I feel like I am rambling.


So life continues to throw curve balls my way.  This year is not getting any easier, though in some ways it feels like it has at least leveled out some.  In other ways it feels like it continues to go downhill.  I have high hopes for my life turning around when I move.  At least I will begin to move forward at that point.

I am excited for the move to Arizona, and sad at the same time.  Utah is not the ideal place for me to live, but I love being near my family.  I am nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time. 

It is already six.... I need to finish this and go work on those things that must be done.  Adieu! 

2 comments:

  1. I'll arrive Salt Lake City on August 18th, but you are not there when I get there.

    I heard that Arizona is very hot. Please be careful. lol

    Kimie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer, it would be nice to see you! 18 August is when my classes start =(

    ReplyDelete