13 June 2010

Internship

So I have decided that even though there is no actual guarantee that I will become a counselor with my current company, it would be greatly to my benefit to at least start the internship process.  That way, should I be asked why I was only a Tech for my term with Sierra Recovery Center, I can at least say/show that I had the ambition to be more.  Not to mention that I think it would be a great opportunity.  The only problem being that it costs moola to start it all up.  Oh well, c'est la vie, non?

I officially have my GRE test-taking date: 6 August 2010 at 9:00 in the morning.  Now maybe with an actual deadline, I will be more motivated to actually study for more than fifteen minutes a day!  Of course, motivation comes with sleep, which I have not been getting a whole lot of lately because it seems as though my work schedule is constantly changing.  Oh well, I shall do what I can! 

In about four weeks I will be going to Georgia to visit Bambie, Josh, and Keira-Marie.  I am so super excited!!!  I figured since they cannot make it out here this year, that I would go to them.  Plus, it will be a good chance for me to take a real break from everything here and to see a different part of the country.  The down-side?  It is going to be hot ^.^;;;  but that is what shorts and tank-tops are for, right?  Plus, seeing Bam, Josh, and Keira will be worth dealing with the heat.  So yeah, I will be leaving late Thursday, 8 July and returning on 12 July.  It is going to be a lot of fun-- I cannot wait!!!  I have cleared out my camera's memory card, and so I will have four gigabytes of space to take lots and lots of pictures.  Woot!!!

Otherwise, not much has been going on.  I have been slowly researching the schools I want to go to and trying to find a professor to write about in my personal statement.  I am hoping that by next week I will be able to pin-point a couple professors from each college and e-mail them as a way to introduce myself and learn more about them and their work.  I am also hoping to start reading their published articles.  It is a little bit scary, and a really big step.  I think part of me still believes that I do not deserve this--that I am not smart enough for it, but I am ambitious enough not to let those insecurities get in my way.  I just hope that I get into a school this time......

I am also excited because Shin is coming home from his mission on Wednesday.  Unfortunately, I think I will probably have to work and therefore will not get to go to the airport to get him =(  It will be really nice to see him though.  I am very proud of what he has accomplished.  Go Shin!!!

Anywho, I better get back to my researching.  I hope all is well with everyone and that you all are smiling lots and lots.  Have a wonderful day, weekend, week, month, and year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are going to Georgia. It must be a lot of fun. I have been to Atlanta once. I visited my first foreign friend. We went to Stone Mountain. I hope you'll have a wonderful time there. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    You will have your brother Shin this coming Wednesday. I know how much you and your dad are excited about it. Maybe your grandparents, too?

    Have a great week! Kimie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to have you come out and spend some time with us! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete