Definitely one of the best movies I have seen so far this year. Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and Date Night all rank close to Dragon--all four are easily on my favorite movies of all time list. It had everything, from comedy to beautiful graphics, and the characters were all very well developed. I've already written about Avatar (visually stunning, and the plot hit very close to home, leaving me contemplating life), Alice and Wonderland was just well done (what do you expect from Johnny Depp and Tim Burton?), and Date Night was hilarious with great acting from both Tina Faye and Steve Carell.
So, if you haven't seen any of those four movies, I suggest that you do. How to Train Your Dragon is just excellent. I would write more, but I don't want to give anything away to anyone who has not seen it yet.
In other news: I printed off TOR publishing's guide to submitting a manuscript, and after I get the first three chapters of Mociye edited, I will be sending them in. They say it takes three to six months for them to respond, so it will give me a deadline to get my butt in gear and actually work on the book. In the meantime, I will also be entering a contest at Writer's Digest for my short story: "The Forgotten Doll." For the most part I am just trying to get my name out there. I will be writing under the pen name E. R. Sano.
I be a little nervous. Ha!
Other than studying for the GRE and working, not much else be going on. I fly out to Utah on Tuesday after a semi-graveyard shift at work tomorrow (I work four in the afternoon to three in the morning). I can't wait to see my sister, my niece, and my grandparents. It will be a lot of fun, even if it is only for a day. Bambie and Keira are flying out to Georgia on Wednesday, and I am using the civic for the summer while they are gone (Josh has already made it out; he drove).
So yeah, I hope all be well with everyone. I've got to go pack my stuff now. Smile lots and be happy =)

No comments:
Post a Comment